Cwicly’s Path Forward: Considerations for Feature Freeze, LTS Versions, and Documentation Enhancement

Absolutely, I’m glad to elaborate. A recent issue I reported regarding the navigation block’s Tailwind CSS integration illustrates my point:

This bug, potentially arising from the (new?) mobile-first CSS approach, highlights challenges in feature compatibility and testing. While I’m not familiar with your QA processes, it suggests a need for careful integration of new features to maintain platform reliability.

increase in bugs and inconsistencies…

… that are are in the realm of the recent Tailwind integration.
That’s absolutely to be expected and no biggie because bugs just happen.

These issues have impacted my workflow and the reliability of the platform for my projects .

Well, I started fresh with Cwicly in December preparing an extensive WordPress environment. I used the default desktop first breakpoints and was under the impression to get up and running in no time with Cwiclys help. And it really fits!

Then the Tailwind integration was launched and everything literally flipped upside down. When a new feature in a beloved software appears, it’s all natural to me to try that out and probably stick with it. And hell, that HTML importer feature alone is a game changer! It’s quite a nice fit, too, because there are tons and tons of free/paid templates to copy paste from.

But for me, and my WP environment I’d like to sell further down the line, it means to start all over again. And I really tried it with TW the last couple of days. Then I encountered the issues with the Nav Block and was disheartened by the fact that this block was not ported and prepared for the TW integration.

And that, to be honest, makes me wonder if things will be handled in the same way in the future.

I appreciate your openness to feedback and eagerly anticipate the continued evolution and refinement of Cwicly. Your commitment to improvement makes a significant difference, and I look forward to how the platform will develop further.