Creating a component called Button that contains only a Cwicly Button block causes the component block to be corrupted

Description:

When you create a component called “Button” that has a single Cwicly Button block in it, the entire block becomes invalid and shows the block recovery UI. If you attempt to undo this it shows “Block cannot be rendered inside of itself”

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

Please write the steps needed to reproduce the bug.

1. Open the Post Editor/Site Editor
  2. Add a Cwicly Button
  3. Right click it in the navigator and “Create Component”
  4. Notice the corrupted block

Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2.2
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.3-beta

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the report.

I’m unfortunately not able to reproduce this issue currently on my end.
The Block cannot be rendered inside of itself error you mention would suggest you’re trying to add the Button component within itself.
Can you try selecting/modifying the main Button component itself and confirm that there isn’t any nested Button component within?

Thanks in advance.

I can 100% confirm that the only actions taken were to create a Button component with a Button block selected.

The only thing that may or may not give you more information is, this was a pre-existing Button block created with an older version of Cwicly. I will retest with a fresh test case as soon as there is time.

@Araminta, given the fact this was an edge case and is not reproducible any more, this can safely be marked as fixed.

1 Like

Hi @StrangeTech,

Thank you for pointing this out!

Indeed, I have tried reproducing this error on my end without any luck.

I’ll move this to Fixed Bugs for now.
If you happen to notice this behaviour again, please don’t hesitate to let us know by replying to this thread.

Thank you.