Clicking on the taxonomy term gives block error

When going to edit the category / tag the block gives an error. Here is short video showing the issue.

Note that the term at one point had padding and a light background, but the light background color was lost. So I went in to edit it and got the crashed block.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2.1
  • PHP 8.1.9
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: - not installed
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.8.4
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi @David,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this error on my end.

Could you please check your browser console log for any errors and share them with me?
This will help me identify the underlying problem.

Thank you in advance.

So this turned into a problem. I went in to capture the error and saw that it gave the error about unable to read the background color, as I guess that was applied to the taxonomy term so that the text would stand out more.

I cleared the background color on the taxonomy term block and added #ffffff, however when I clicked save it would not save. So I clicked on the three dots to the right of the taxonomy block in the block navigator and clicked on delete block with the idea to add it back in without a background color. At this point the page crashed.

I refreshed the page to try again and the server gave a 503 error and the server is not responsive any more. I checked the logs and see a huge number of Cwicly heartbeat errors. I’ve reached out to server support to see about restarting the server.

Hello @David,

I’m sorry to see you’re having trouble here.

This sounds very unusual to me, as a block crash should not lead to a page/server crash.
Your not being able to save the page would confirm that you were experiencing issues before making the background change.

I will also add that the heartbeat errors are most likely due to a locale error due to the use of the native wp.api functions, which is out of our hands currently. I highly doubt this has any link to the issue you’re experiencing.

I’d be grateful if you could send some login details to the team at support@cwicly.com so we can take a look at this.

Thanks Louis, I think a global variable color was also used as the background color and that is why it would not save.

I emailed login info. Thanks for taking a look.

1 Like

I was concerned about this site having a crash and did some further research. I found that the Litespeed Cache plugin had become corrupt and that was the cause of the 503 error.

The Cwicly team fixed the issue where I had assigned a global color to the background color and I see that the latest update has removed that option altogether. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hello @David,

Thank you for confirming this.
Glad you were able to find the cause of the 503 error, and sorry for the inconvenience about the background colour issue.

As you pointed out, 1.2.9.6 removes the possibility to set a global colour for the moment.

Moving this to fixed.

Cheers,