Better dynamic support

Hi,

I want to use Cwicly but I cannot use it since it rely on ACF. It lacks integration with Metabox, Pods, etc. If not at least a php dynamic return function - so I can have my custom php function output the required data for me. I will stick with Bricks till then.

Thanks,

Hi @dranzer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message here.
Indeed, the lack of integration with other solutions does refrain quite a few users to take the next step with Cwicly.

While we do support shortcodes in the dynamic blocks, I can understand this is not flexible enough for uses that aren’t simplistic.

I’ll be going live tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have a temporary solution to propose that might have you reconsider :wink:

Hi @Louis,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am yet to try/buy Cwicly. Do you meant any shortcodes will work fine? Since metabox and pods have shortcode out of box. I can always write a shortcode instead of returning the data in my php function. Can you post a screenshot of how the dynamic data view is? Also are all blocks dynamic? Like in Bricks I can insert dynamic data into anything from a text field to a complex element.

@Louis I saw your video. Code block is a much needed addition. I can temporary output my code and manually style it at least. Though an option to output dynamic data from shortcode or php return function in the dynamc source dropdown would have been better. It would have prevented my time to style the content manually.

1 Like

Hello @dranzer,

Indeed, this is something to be considered.
Do remember that you can still style the content either through a wrapper block or a global class.

1 Like

I am adding a link to Bricks Dynamic Data documentation. Take a look at the possibilites to insert dynamic data and what type of dynamic data. Dynamic Data – Bricks Academy (bricksbuilder.io)

Having support for more dynamic data providers is also important to allow users to easily switch to Cwicly from their existing theme/page builders. I saw Metabox is on the roadmap now. May be pods can also be considered.

1 Like

Hello @dranzer,

Please elaborate :slight_smile:

1. Ability to use dynamic data anywhere.

You can also write like this in a para tag in Bricks. Hello {mydynamicfield}. Welcome to {anotherdynamicfield}

I noticed that there are two fields in Cwicly before and after but that is not flexible like Bricks implementation.

2 Likes
  1. Ability to use PHP Dynamic Return Function.

I can output my custom php function in the dynamic data like this. {echo:my_custom_function}

If this can be added in Cwicly dynamic data under Source tab in Cwicly then I can do a lot of missing dynamic integration without touching the code block.

1. Lots of filters which apply to the dynamic data

You can change output of the dynamic data on fly.

I hope this was comprehensive enough. I think I am done with my feature requests for now. I’ll let you know if there is anything else. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Hi @Louis
I strongly agree with this feature request by @dranzer (I just opened a similar thread)

Multiple dynamic data tag support would make the entire site more dynamic.

Like how I did this in another builder.
This is just an example

It’s a heading element

This is a paragraph element

Here is the outcome when the dynamic data tag renders the actual data.

So, the entire paragraph will be more dynamic.

As I checked, I can only select a dynamic data tag and then insert text before and after the dynamic data, which is not cool.

Cwicly Dynamic Data option

As Cwicly works in Gutenberg editor, this feature is crucial.
Thank you for your consideration! :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @jornes,

Thanks for bringing this up :slight_smile:

Indeed, while the functionality is available, it hasn’t been transcribed in the interface as we want to include as part of the Rich Text styling options (just like our span tag). This will allow us to have more specific control on these dynamic tags and dynamically show users up-to-date content in the editor.

In the meantime, try pasting this in any content block, and it should do what you’re looking for:
This is the {title} that was written on {postdate=published=default} by {authorname}

Please bear with us while we get this specific feature sorted out properly.
And once again thank you for bringing it up, helps us pick up on what we might have missed in our planner.

To @dranzer, apologies for never replying. Not sure how I passed over this.
Thanks for taking the time to list all the details of your expectations!

4 Likes

Thank you for your response, @Louis
It’s glad to know that I can do with these dynamic tags. I will try this out.

About the dynamic data tags, I’m interested to know which page I can refer to for all of them, so I can use them for the time being until you implement this.

The only thing is that when I add a search function to my site, when the time I search, will I see these dynamic tags in the search results? Or would it show actual text instead?

Hi @Louis

I’d like to know, any site I can refer to see all the dynamic tags like this. I just tried the dynamic data you provided which is working as expected on the front end.

And, it would be great if you could make these dynamic tags render as actual data in the editor as well.

2 Likes

@jornes There is no documentation listing all tag list. If you want to know a specific tag for something then I can find it for you from the index.js file in the cwicly plugin folder.

4 Likes

Alright. Thank a lot! Bro.

Where is this file located?

Root of the plugin folder

I couldn’t find it at the root.
Instead, I found it here.

wp-content/plugins/cwicly/build

2 Likes