Adding a before or after pseudo element to a Section in Cwicly does not add this to display list on the front-end.
Step-by-step reproduction instructions:
- Open the Post Editor/Site Editor
- Add a Section block
- Add a before pseudo element
- Add the requisite position: absolute, width, height and z-index for the before element
- Add the pseudo content (can be “”, " ", or " RANDOM ", any valid html generated element content)
- Publish and preview - notice this is not added to the display list
- WordPress version: 6.2
- Gutenberg Plugin version: -
- Cwicly Plugin version: 126.96.36.199.8.1
- Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3
Just confirming this still doesn’t seem to work with the new Section block or the Container block.
I might be misunderstanding what isn’t working out for you here, but all seems good on my end:
Very strange, that is definitely not happening for me!
Can you please share the instawp login so I can compare what you have done to my own instance.
Just been going through some old threads and found this comment you made, which explains one thing I have been seeing in the editor (selected block vs. pseudo styles):
I’m curious what the current status is as many blocks work fine, I am exclusively seeing issues with Section blocks in this regard.
Here you are: https://app.instawp.io/wordpress-auto-login?site=%242y%2410%24iyd1Jyij4sPvRVrV1d3RheSkIaDMt4Cdh830uM46C4ra%2FdMBX.MvK
Your issue does sound unusual as the Section and Container blocks pass through the same styling engine as other blocks.
Thank you @Louis, this helped isolate the problem.
This can be set to fixed as it was not a Cwicly bug and was specific to our installation.
Thanks for letting me know.
If there’s anything else, please don’t hesitate.