Before and After pseudo elements do not work with Section blocks

Description:

Adding a before or after pseudo element to a Section in Cwicly does not add this to display list on the front-end.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Open the Post Editor/Site Editor
  2. Add a Section block
  3. Add a before pseudo element
  4. Add the requisite position: absolute, width, height and z-index for the before element
  5. Add the pseudo content (can be “”, " ", or " RANDOM ", any valid html generated element content)
  6. Publish and preview - notice this is not added to the display list

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.8.1
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Just confirming this still doesn’t seem to work with the new Section block or the Container block.

Hello @StrangeTech,

I might be misunderstanding what isn’t working out for you here, but all seems good on my end:
https://oudy-civet-xazo.instawp.xyz/index.php/2022/07/23/hello-world/

Cheers,

Very strange, that is definitely not happening for me!

Can you please share the instawp login so I can compare what you have done to my own instance.

Just been going through some old threads and found this comment you made, which explains one thing I have been seeing in the editor (selected block vs. pseudo styles):

I’m curious what the current status is as many blocks work fine, I am exclusively seeing issues with Section blocks in this regard.

Hello @StrangeTech,

Here you are: https://app.instawp.io/wordpress-auto-login?site=%242y%2410%24iyd1Jyij4sPvRVrV1d3RheSkIaDMt4Cdh830uM46C4ra%2FdMBX.MvK

Your issue does sound unusual as the Section and Container blocks pass through the same styling engine as other blocks.

Cheers,

Thank you @Louis, this helped isolate the problem.

This can be set to fixed as it was not a Cwicly bug and was specific to our installation.

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for letting me know.
If there’s anything else, please don’t hesitate.

Cheers,