Apparent issue with Custom Roles and Cwicly Editor

I’ve added a new user role called “Developer” and have given most admin permissions (restricting adding & deleting users and a few others). See below:

I have also gone ahead and granted this user role all the admin roles in Cwicly Role Editor as well. See below:

However, I’m getting a number of errors and issues when trying to actually work as that user. I created a video screengrab to show what the backend experience is like:
https://jam.dev/c/b3cb3b23-cef3-4cde-9c80-bca55e801994

Hi @owynter,

Thanks for taking the time to post your detailed bug reports, much appreciated.
Definitely a scenario that hasn’t been thoroughly been tested on our side, so apologies for the trouble you’re experiencing currently.

The error does seem a bit unusual as it is having trouble accessing an option that should be available.

I take it the manage_options permission isn’t toggled? I’m wondering if this might have something to do with it.

Will be taking a look in the next day or so.

Cheers,

I think this was one option that was unchecked. I considered it may have been the issue, but didn’t have time to pursue it further. I will take another look tomorrow to see if this fixes the issue.

These things just pop up as I go along. It’s difficult for you to check every possible scenario, so it’s all good. I appreciate you taking the time to look into them and fix as we go along.