After update to 1.2.9.6.1.1 global styles change

Description:

I updated two pages from 1.2.9.5.8.4 to 1.2.9.6.1.1. After that I noticed that the links on the page are suddenly underlined. It appears the reason for that is that the global styles change as you can see here:

On the left the old version, on the right the latest version.

Since the body-Tag got removed this is not specific enough and gets overwritten by the default WordPress styles:

//Cwicly style
a {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: var(--cc-color-11);
}
//WordPress style
a:where(:not(.wp-element-button)) {
    text-decoration: underline;
}

As soon as I add the body-Tag in my inspector again the WordPress styles are overwritten.

I can fix this by regenerating the global styles but as soon as I update the front page for example the issue resurfaces.

Here is something else I did during updating:
Since the update was not shown in the plugin section of WordPress I downloaded the plugin again, uploaded it to WordPress and pressed the button to replace the current version of the plugin with the old one. Don’t know If this messed something up.

Didn’t notice yet that the body tag got removed, that’s awesome!

Did you try to remove the WordPress Global Styles?

1 Like

Yes, did try this but the thing is that I need them :smiley:

But you are right, this would work.

Hello @Jonas,

Sorry for not communicating on this one more.
Indeed, we removed the body tag from all global styles as this was raised quite rightly a few times by various users.

For the underline issue, as @Marius mentions, you can remove the WordPress global styles.

In case you do want to keep the WordPress global styles, you can navigate to the Site Editor and remove the underline property in the WordPress global link styles.

You are correct in mentioning that global style regeneration will add the body tag once again… We’ll have a fix for this in the next update.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Hi @Louis,

thanks for your quick response!
What exactly do you mean with

I don’t know where to find this setting

Also could you confirm that the way I updated Cwicly is a legitimate way to do it?

Hi @Jonas,

That would be found in Styles → Typography → Links:

That is a perfectly valid way of updating and shouldn’t cause any issues, although I am surprised you didn’t receive any update notification (there can be up to a 4 hour delay depending on when the plugin last checked).

2 Likes

Hi @Louis,

thanks a lot! Indeed I’ve never seen this menu before :smiley:

Hi @Jonas,

Thanks for the report once again.

The global styles regeneration should no longer add the body selector to the elements with 1.2.9.6.1.2.

Moving this to fixed.

Cheers,