ACF show/hide condition inside repeater block

Description:
I’m not able to save a site as long as I’ve set a show/hide condition (dynamic: ACF repeater) inside a module of a modal repeater. More precisely: I just want to show some elements (inside a repeater block) if the ACF repeater field (e.g. instagram) is not empty. Pressing the save changes button leads to an infitly loading site. In addition, on front-end, the page shows a critical error.
This error was first mentioned here: Modal popup in repeater - #13 by msteinlein

show hide 2a

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.1
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.7.2
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hello @msteinlein,

Thanks for the report and apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I can confirm that repeater field conditions are not yet supported in Cwicly and cause an infinite loop error…

We will try to have a fix for this as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for your reply and fantastic work! Its a wonderful experience to work with cwicly and being part of this fantastic community :blush:

1 Like

Hi @msteinlein,

This should now be fixed in 1.2.8.
If you still experience trouble with it, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Thanks once again for the report, and thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

Hi Louis,
thanks for your incredible fast fix. The infinite loading is indeed fixed, but using a dynamic repeater acf field as source of a visibility condition inside a repeater blog still dosen’t work → when I set “show if ACF repeater field XY is not empty” it’s not showing the field, even it isn’t empty. I guess using a dynamic ACF repeater source as a visibility condition is another topic that isn’t supported in Cwicly at the moment?
Thank you very much for your help again!

Greetings
Marc

Hi @msteinlein,

Thanks for getting back.

Visibility conditions for Repeater fields (when inside said Repeater and corresponding Row) should now be applied.
There might be something to check here, as on my side conditions are applying.

Is this a particular type of ACF field or one of the more basic ones?

Hi Louis, you are right, it works absolutly fine with most ACF field types. In my case I would need it to work with the ACF field type “repeater”. Inside the ACF field type repeater I’ve already tried some of the basic field types (text, true/false etc.), but it seems as if the visibility manager can’t read its values because when I choose “show if not empty” the element is invisible and “show if empty” the element is visible (in both cases the field isn’t empty).

These are my settings:

And inside ACF:

In my case I would like the contact buttons (here the four "icon"s) just be visible if a person has a value in its ACF repeater subfield, e.g. phone or mail:
repeater3

This is fixed with 1.2.8.1, just tested successfully. Thank you!

Since this is already tagged as fixed, I wanted to make sure this doesn’t get overlooked and missed by @msteinlein.
Thanks for reporting and persisting, I struggled with it in the past as well.

2 Likes

Oups, thanks @Marius, much appreciated!

2 Likes

@Louis Thank you so much for your super fast solutions, even for my very specific cases! @Marius thank you for your very considerate reminder. It works absolutly fine now :))

2 Likes