ACF Pro - Where is it?

Hi all.

1. Could someone explain to me how to activate and use ACF Pro if it comes somehow bundled in the theme ? Do I need to install anything ? Do I need to install the ACF free version ? I could not find documentation on it. Nor did something pop up in the search results here in the forum.

2. I can use the frontendadmin for acf, right ?

Thank you.

Hi @JacobDK,

ACF Pro is activated by default. You’ll find it in the Custom Fields WordPress menu.
It works as normal :wink:

@Louis Thank you.

So I can use the front end admin that I linked to or do you have that feature/usecase handled in Cwicly ?

ACF tools and addons should work as normal. Cwicly doesn’t have any front-end editing at this time.

2 Likes

@David Thank you, David.

Hi Louis, I already had the ACF (free) plugin installed before using Cwicly, so when the ACF plugin is enabled it does not show the ACF Pro fields. When I disable the plugin I can then can see the ACF Pro fields. I couldn’t find many FAQ’s relating to ACF so wondering if it’s worthwhile adding a FAQ / quick sentence to the getting started guides in case others see this issue?

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi @SymlDesigns,

Thank you for this valuable information. A getting started helper as well as a tour guide is being prepared so this is definitely something that we can add to them. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi community,

Just realized that ACF is bundled with Cwicly as confirmed by @Marius here. but I didn’t find any reference to this on Cwicly website or in my dashboard.

I’ve been using the standalone ACF Pro plugin. I’d like to stay with the bundled version going forward. So, I have a couple of questions:

• Is it safe to delete the plugin? Or in other words, is custom fields/groups configuration deleted on plugin deletion?

• I assume that the bundle version of ACF does not appear as a plugin in WordPress. In such case, is there any way to see which version of ACF is bundled with a given Cwicly version?

Thanks

Hi @nadim,

Sorry for the confusion.

When switching to the Cwicly ACF Pro, your custom fields/groups should all be good.
But I would suggest to set up a staging environment and try deactivating to see if anything goes wrong.

If you do come across any issue, be sure to let us know so that we can fix it as soon as possible.

Correct.
You can check the bundled version from the ACF panel > Help dropdown:

I had the exact same problem