1.4 - Tailwind - First look

This is exceptional and goes far beyond any personal expectations.
The overall impression for me is an even more streamlined workflow.
It takes away so many Tailwind and general class building/management pain points.

Here are my first points which needs to be addressed imo:

• The added TW classes require consistency/organization. This was also mentioned in the live. With TW, one easily has added 20-30 classes to a block in an instant and this would be quite chaotic, nicely expressed. I’m also concerned about pushing the Primary/Design/Advanced tab too far down due to the amount (and partly length) of classes. Not sure if that could become an issue and if so, how to solve it
  • Quick access to property editing is huge! Is it possible to direct the user to its specific area, not to the general one? Clicking a box-shadow class sent Louis to the Borders tab, instead of Borders > Shadows. Seems like it’s the current general behaviour

There are some more questions open to me, but I’ll include that (if still relevant) with my initial feedback as soon as I have the opportunity to get my hands on.

I was always a huge fan of Tailwaind’s core concept but didn’t see it ever to become useful in some way inside a builder.
When TW for Cwicly was announced, my interest was quite moderate. I could see the benefit in combination with components though.
Now, I’m seriously considering making a full switch to Tailwind. At least I will have a hard time deciding against it. It’s just too powerful. Of course, this first impression might change.

1 Like